Thursday, January 15, 2015

Diversity Training

Intel might have just set aside $300 Million to assist their Diversity Enhancement Efforts, but both of my current employers have already spent much time and effort in special efforts aimed at aiding their employees in their understanding and appreciation of diversity in the workplace.  And I have to admit, it has really taken hold at my fun, secondary workplace.

On a recent, hectic, understaffed Sunday morning, I was searching for a specific item.  In the course of 15 short minutes I crossed paths with three co-workers who were in a position to help.  They variously and voluntarily labelled each other as “Numbskulls”, “Nitwits” and “A**holes”. 

There’s no way they’d have used such diverse vocabulary prior to the training.


No comments:

Post a Comment